Re: [Debconf-discuss] DebConf17: Last call for keys for keysigning in Montreal, Canada

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 10:11:50AM -0300, Dererk wrote:
> On 21/07/17 01:07, Anibal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
> > DebConf17: Last call for keys for keysigning in Montreal, Canada
> >
> > If you don't have an ed25519 key and would like to create your own
> > ECC key (not the ones recommended by NIST, which may have NSA
> > backdoors [2]), please read the information by NIIBE Yutaka at [3].
>
> Hi Anibal!
>
> It seems to me that I should have sent this into the proper Debian list
> and not debconf-discuss@, but since you kindly mentioned the subject, I
> fired it up in here! 8)
>
> Is any ECC crypto set allowed by FTP-Master/Debian Keyring Manaintainers
> by these days? I understand it has not been accepted as part of the
> gnupg/opengpg standards.
>
> A quick dive into the Debian Keyring seems not one key has been
> uploaded/got accepted one yet:

There are ECC subkeys present on the Debian keyring, but there is no
guarantee that any of the Debian infrastructure will support them at
present and there are no current plans for keyring-maint to access
primary ECC keys due to this.

Now that stretch has released including GnuPG 2.1 we now have a stable
release that can actually support ECC keys, but it will take a while
before this has been rolled out to all the users of the keyring within
the Debian infrastructure.

J.

--
/-\                             |  I'm from the government. I'm here
|@/  Debian GNU/Linux Developer |            to help you.