Re: [Debconf-discuss] Could/should we invite Tangent Animation and let them screen 'Run Ozzy Run' if they want to ?

shirish शिरीष dijo [Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 02:13:24PM +0530]:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been thinking about Open Day in Canada. I saw this sometime
> back and thought maybe it might be a good fit
>
> https://code.blender.org/2016/11/blender-2-8-project-status/
>
> Extract from the blog post -
> (...)

While this movie is not directly related to Free Software or to
Debian, I think it could be a very good idea. This kind of activities
(in that case, with the screening of the movie "Sita sings the blues"
— As an Indian, in case you are not familiar with it, I urge you to
download it and enjoy. Of course, it is CC-licensed) were very well
received, memorable and talked about.

IMO, the screening would *not* be part of the "formal" content
(scheduled talks), but of a wider social activities track. And, yes,
we have several recurring traditions that would make up this social
track.

Greetings,