Re: [Debconf-discuss] Non-Thinkpad/Apples you can recommend?

On 30/06/16 23:00, martin f krafft wrote:
> Hey,
>
> considering Lenovo has really gone downhill with their hardware and
> judging how they interpret "next business day" to be a best effort
> sort of non-promise (and then mess up the parts delivery), I'd be
> really interested to hear from people at DC16 with other hardware
> that they can recommend. If you're the proud owner of a rugged
> laptop running Debian, please consider to ping me on IRC ('madduck')
> or reply to this mail (reply-to set) and I'll come and find you
> (starting Saturday…).
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
>  .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@debconf.org> @martinkrafft
> : :'  :  DebConf orga team
> `. `'`
>   `-  DebConf16: Cape Town: http://debconf16.debconf.org
>       DebConf17: Montreal: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17

Hi Martin,

I'm a happy user of Dell XPS 13 which I recommend (I have the edition
with Skylake CPU, no touch-screen). That said I still experience
problems related to my GPU: for example I can't use VLC to play video
media (Xvideo extension doesn't work), but I use mplayer
instead. There is BCM3450 in my laptop, but I heard that XPSes bought
in Europe have Intel cards.

Despite small problems (most of them fixed in the recent
kernel/x11/mesa releases), my experience is close to perfect. I had
Dells at my previous work too and was always a happy user.

Tomasz