Re: [Debconf-discuss] Non-Thinkpad/Apples you can recommend?

On 30/06/16 21:00, martin f krafft wrote:
> Hey,
>
> considering Lenovo has really gone downhill with their hardware and
> judging how they interpret "next business day" to be a best effort
> sort of non-promise (and then mess up the parts delivery), I'd be
> really interested to hear from people at DC16 with other hardware
> that they can recommend. If you're the proud owner of a rugged
> laptop running Debian, please consider to ping me on IRC ('madduck')
> or reply to this mail (reply-to set) and I'll come and find you
> (starting Saturday…).
>
> Thanks,

Hello Martin. I am not in DebConf16 and I have only had two laptops in
my life, a Dell Latitude D610 and a Lenovo ThinkPad T430, but I want to
share some possible good options to try if you are thinking about buy a
new laptop :)

https://minifree.org/
http://www.tuxedocomputers.com/index.php
http://www.linux-onlineshop.de/Linux-Hardware/Linux-Notebooks.geek
http://www.vantpc.es/equipos_portatiles
http://zareason.com/shop/Laptops/
https://www.thinkpenguin.com/
https://www.thinkpenguin.com/gnu-linux/korora-penguin-gnu-linux-notebook

These are computers that are sell with some GNU/Linux distro
preinstalled or without operating system. If you like ThinkPad but the
actually direction of Lenovo on it it is not nice, you can consider a
LibreBoot Laptop or support to one of the projects or manufacturers of
the links above. By other hand, I have heard that HP Elite Notebooks are
good and also is a company that support Free Software and Debian (as
obviously we all know at least with DebConf sponsoring) :) Asus machines
also I have seen that are very nice with friends using Debian. I hope
this could be helpful. Regards and keep enjoying DebConf16!

--
Por favor evita enviarme adjuntos en formato de word o powerpoint, si
quieres saber porque lee esto: