Re: [Debconf-discuss] warning: connections through JNB

On 01.07.2016 13:15, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Apparently JNB is testing a new biometric system at immigration, and the
> queue there is just huge (~ 2 hours this morning).
>
> If you have a connecting flight, you are supposed to talk to someone and
> jump the queue, but I reached the only sign that said to do so far too
> late to catch my planned flight.
>
> (Also, for added fun, BA argued that since it was a problem with
> immigration, it wasn't their fault, so I had to pay a change fee.)
>
> So, if you connect through JNB, make sure to talk to someone early to
> understand how to jump the queue. (probably they will tell you to follow
> the crew / diplomatic / people needing assistance signs)

OTOH don't stress if you miss the flight (but if it the last one).
You will be automatically booked in the successive flight (it already
happened to me, in USA)

[Note: this work only if you booked the two flights together, so the
connecting time was selected by the airway].

ciao
    cate