Re: [Debconf-discuss] trying to figure out vodacom prepaid plans and woolworth's at CPT airport .

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016, 14:57 Julian Andres Klode, <jak@debian.org> wrote:
On 24 June 2016 at 20:49, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:

Woolworths sells one type of Vodacom and one type of MTN sim card. The
Vodacom plan sold at Woolsworth is the Power Bonus plan. There's an
option to switch plans, but I'm not sure if that works in time for
DebConf. The card costs 1 rand.

I bought a vodacom with 1GB of data at Woolworths for 150 ZAR in JBN airport today. The person at the counter activated the data bundle for me.

In the Vodacom shop they tried to sell me a much more expensive plan +400 ZAR for 1GB, or a rent-a-sim plan with a 1000 ZAR deposit. (Which would be partly refunded (deposit - data used) when you returned the sim, but shevwas unclear about the applied rates). It seems Woolworths is the best deal...

Kind regards,
Dieter