Re: [Debconf-discuss] trying to figure out vodacom prepaid plans and woolworth's at CPT airport .

On 24 June 2016 at 20:49, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to figure out vodacom prepaid plans ( I didn't register) just
> to have an overview of what sort of charges could I expect to pay.
>
> I went to http://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/shopping/plans/plans?planType=Airtime%20plan&paymentMode=Prepaid
>
> and from details of the voice-only plans it seems the per minute
> billing is between R1.50 to R2.00 but couldn't find any deals for
> prepaid.
>
> People who are coming through CPT Airport and going to Woolsworth's
> could you share your experiences ? What prepaid deals (voice  or/and
> data) were being offered by the shopkeeper there ?

Woolworths sells one type of Vodacom and one type of MTN sim card. The
Vodacom plan sold at Woolsworth is the Power Bonus plan. There's an
option to switch plans, but I'm not sure if that works in time for
DebConf. The card costs 1 rand.

You should be able to charge your card at ATMs (not tried yet), or the
Vodacom website (it's very picky about which credit cards it accepts,
it does not seem to like mine). Or probably you could buy a card at
the woolworths and then buy an airtime charge thingy card at a Vodacom
store, but not sure (maybe woolworths even has some, idk).

The cards are are near the cash register, in the middle of the room on
some kind of separating wall. So you'll find them if you just wait in
the queue and then look right.

highvoltage also bought some pre-registered cards.

--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.