Re: [Debconf-discuss] Need help with data rescue on Android device

On 17/08/15 18:08, Marc Haber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> all of a sudden, my Android tablet claims that I have only three
> contacts left (one of them being myself, my wife not being among
> them). It's a Galaxy Tab 2 running CyanogenMod 10.1.3 based on Android
> 4.2. The device does not sync anwhere, but I run nightly backups to SD
> card and Dropbox.
>
> If somebody is there who knows his way around Android better than me,
> I'd like them to look at the device before I re-flash the device and
> hope that the backup is OK. Being bitten by un-restorable backups on
> Android in the past, I'd like to know to copy raw data files that
> might be rescue-worthy over to my notebook before re-flashing.
>
> I am Zugschlus on IRC and am regularly found around the NOC office in
> front of room Heidelberg.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Please check your settings, your address book may be in a mode where it
is only showing a subset of the contacts stored in the SIM card

I understand you do not sync, but did you recently uninstall any app
involving sync functionality?  If such an app owned the contacts, it
would take them with it on uninstall.

Even if you don't want to sync to the cloud, have you thought about sync
to a Debian server?  I sync my phone to DAViCal over HTTPS

https://packages.debian.org/davical