Re: [Debconf-discuss] Help with scheduling train for DebConf 15

Rogério,

On 22/07/15 12:21, Rogério Brito wrote:

> I would *highly* appreciate it if anybody could help me with some details.
> In particular:
>
> * There is more than one option named Frankfurt. Which one to choose?

FRA FRankfurt airport

> * Should I choose departure or arrival? I thought that the "source"
>   vs. "destination" (supposing that the top field is "source" and
>   "destination") already indicated that, but I am now unsure.

That's to say if the time specified is the time you take the train or
the time you want to arrive to Heidelberg at.

Some prefilled form for the 15th: http://goo.gl/UPNxfL there are trains
for 19 EUR

> Beyond that, I am not sure if I'm elligible for the savings fare or the
> standard fare.

You can choose the cheapest option as long as you don't select any
reductions (you probably are not elligible)

> I think that, depending on the time of my plane (and delays, and grabbing my
> baggage, and potentially more delays etc.), this uncertainty would rule out
> the savings fare? Or wouldn't it? If, given these constrains, it is still
> possible to have the discount price, do I have to acquire the BahnCard 25 to
> take advantage of the lower price?

The savings fares are for specific trains only. So if your plane is
delayed you might need to pay a penalty to go to another train, but I
don't know how this works

> To be honest, I would like to, in principle, take the simplest (read:
> "smallest number of hops"), to avoid some anxiety problems.

In the form i linked, you have options with only one change, less than
one hour in total time. and you have already platform numbers and
everything :)

--
Martín Ferrari (Tincho)