Re: [Debconf-discuss] Keysigning at DC15?

On Fri, 2015-07-17 09:18:09 +0000, Nigel Kukard wrote:

>> If you would like to send me your public key now you could do it as
>> explained at https://people.debian.org/~anibal/ksp-dc14/ksp-dc14.html
>> but using "KeySigning Party @ DebConf15" as the subject of your
>> email.

Thank you to those who have sent their public keys. ;)

> I suppose now is a good time to switch to a 4096 key as well,

A 4096-bit RSA key.

> sign it with the old one and get both signed at the party?

If the old key is a DSA key, don't send it. Last year, all DSA keys were
removed from the DebConf14 keyring.

Please read "OpenPGP Best Practices" by Daniel Kahn Gillmor at
https://help.riseup.net/en/security/message-security/openpgp/best-practices
carefully.

Don't forget to run 'hokey lint' by doing:

sudo apt-get install hopenpgp-tools
hkt export-pubkeys '<fingerprint>' | hokey lint

Clint Adams is the author of hopenpgp-tools. He implemented all the best
practices in the document above.

And please consider using Jacob Appelbaum's gpg.conf file available at:

https://github.com/ioerror/duraconf/raw/master/configs/gnupg/gpg.conf