Re: [Debconf-discuss] Daytrip via bike: lending the bike you don't need to others, route

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 05:55:50PM +0200, Timo Weingärtner wrote:
> I also thought about a route. The first idea was to cycle along the local
> river (Neckar), but i don't really want to see the same landscape on the way
> back.
>
> The second route[1] is first going north, then up on some hills, down to
> Neckarsteinach and back along the river, with a detour to Heidelberg castle.
> That route has 53 km and the highest point is 350 m above here.
>
> Other route suggestions are welcome.

I admit I like your route and I would join it under normal physical
conditions but there are people (including me currently who prefer some
more relaxed bicycling).  Since it seems that the bicycle-sharing does
not work out we need to rent some bicycles first.  The bicycle rental
is at the railway station and opens at 10:00.  So it might make sense
to start at 10:00+time_to_rent bikes at the railwaystation - at least
for those who like to join the "more relaxed tour".

Thomas Lange by chance went the tour that is vaguely in my mind via
the castle, following a suggested bicycle trail through the wood to
Neckargmünd and go back on the other side of the Neckar.

This short trip leaves a lot time for sightseeing under way.  Please
also make sure you bring your swimming suits.  If I find something
to jump in under way I'll do so.  :-)

See you tomorrow

      Andreas.

BTW: If you confirm you will join we might consider waiting if you
     are a bit later.  If you not confirm nobody will wait for you.

--
http://fam-tille.de