[Debconf-discuss] Installing Debian on a macbook pro 5,1

Hi folks,

I noticed that some of you have a MacBook machine here at Debconf, and I am wondering to take advantage of that.

Here I have a macbook pro 5,1 (late 2008 - intel cpu), running OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), with Debian in a virtualbox VM.

I would like to setup a dual boot configuration with Debian Testing amd64, and have read some documentations in our wiki [1, 2, 3].

My first question is:
- Is rEFIt or rEFInd still necessary?

Besides the info on the wiki, is there any important thing to do before to proceed?

Many thanks!

1- https://wiki.debian.org/MacBook#Double_boot_-_Mac_OS_X_.26_Debian
2- https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Apple
3- https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Apple/MacBookPro/5-1