Re: [Debconf-discuss] Key Signing at Debconf: Attend the BoF for Checksum reading!

Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg@fifthhorseman.net> writes:

> On Sat 2015-08-15 23:16:32 +0200, Steve Langasek wrote:
>> This is only a valid proxy if you and the people you're exchanging keys with
>> are present for the *same* display of the checksum and confirm that it
>> matches.  Otherwise, it's just another example of that sketchy dkg character
>> trying to compromise the Debian keyring by using different checksums for
>> non-overlapping audiences.
>
> Indeed!  Additionally, I hope that there will be people present who will
> catch me if i do that.
>
> Feel free to compare the photo you take at the live demos with the photo
> your friend took during the welcome session and call out if they don't
> match.

I didn't attend the BOF and won't attend the live demos. I was wondering
if a interesting time to display the hash is on the morning
briefing. That way lot of us will see it, as there is no other event at
the same time.
--
Rémi Vanicat