[Debconf-discuss] BOF for working on existing packages?

Hi!

I think I saw a BOF for working on new packages in the schedule sometime I
mostly could attend, except for a smaller talk I would like to attend to at
the beginning of it (no WLAN here and I don´t want to switch on smartphone
with mobile network here atm).

Yet I think I didn´t found any BOF to work on existing packages. I am stuck
with several packages for various reasons and I want to tackle what I right
now perceive as obstacles. I detail now and maybe there is a workshop where I
can bring this in or maybe if I am at some time between talks trying to hack
on things someone may be able and willing to help.

fio: I just found out yesterday that I again messed up my gbp packaging
repository with somehow having merged debian packagaging master branch to
upstream branch with now a "debian" directory in it and a merge conflict. I
had an attempt at solving this, but still get merge conflict on importing new
upstream version. I thought I finally got how gbp works, but now I again
freaked out with it.

fsmark: I am stuck with upstream wanting a native package, but on request of
previous sponsors I made it a gbp one with different branches for packaging
and upstream.

distkeys: We are upstream of this. I really want to get this  in and meanwhile
made it work with newer ruby with the help of someone from german ruby IRC
channel. I still think it provides some value even with puppet and other
configuration management systems in Debian. Its scope isn´t config management
but distributing public SSH keys on lots of machines at one. And it can do so
for machines behind firewalls by automatically creating SSH local post
forwardings to access them. We basically maintain all of the SSH keys of own
machines and customer machines with it. It can update the machines of one
customer in one go. I will maintain upstream and the packaging of it anyway,
but I´d love to see this in Debian.

atop: Help Marc Haber with updating atop packaging. I got packaged 2.1
version, but I was stuck with atopacctd daemon not working well. I think this
may have been fixed in latest atop 2.2. I want to import it and see from
there, and also clear up any questions related to systemd service files. I
created some, but atop also has some. Ideally I would also like to create
netatop and netatop-dkms packages, but packaging a kernel module appears
challenging to me.

filebench: This was stuck over licensing questions in the past, but I think
after some updating of the packaging, may well be ready to be uploaded.

I´d really like to find ways to move forward with all of these packages, one
package at a time.

All this work is up on github.com/teamix (some are also on alioth).

Thanks,
--
Martin