Re: [Debconf-discuss] Any1 interested in 'Frankfurt day trip' on 23rd Aug?

Hi!

Am 2015-08-12 10:20, schrieb Amey Abhyankar:

My flight back to Mumbai from Frankfurt is on 23rd Aug/Sunday late night.
I am going for a day trip in Frankfurt on 23rd.
Any1 interested to join?

Saldy I can't join you, allthough I grew up in Frankurt and would love to show you arround :(

Also, any tips/suggestions will be helpful on what must to visit in Frankfurt.

That heavily depends, on what you are interested in:
* The "Römer" with the Kaisersaal is kind of impressive.
* The Paulskirche is interesting and nearby, but might be most interesting, if you are interested in German History ;) * At the souther shore of the Main are quite a few Museums - that's why it is called Museumsufer. Including:
  * The art museam Städl
  * The museum for communication (former Bundespostmuseam)
  * The (more or less) combined Film and architekture museam
* See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museumsufer and http://www.museumsufer-frankfurt.de for details * And of course there is the goethe House, too. https://www.goethehaus-frankfurt.de/

Frankfurt is also quite famous for its skyline. If you have the change I highly recommend to go to the visitor plattform on the maintower, but be aware that it is sometimes quite crowded and the queue long: http://www.maintower.de/en/observation-deck/opening-hours-admission-prices/

You can also find more information about tourism in Frankfurt at:
http://frankfurt.de/sixcms/detail.php?id=stadtfrankfurt_eval01.c.124836.de

Lastly, is there any storage facility at Frankfurt main train station
to deposit luggage?

Yes, there are several. If you arrive by train head to the main entry, and then go to the left through right between all the fast food stores. Look for the blue signs with a suitcase in a rectangle and a key.

Here is a map: If you look at the map at http://www.bahnhof.de/bahnhof-de/Frankfurt__Main__Hbf.html

The lockers are at the central blue areas labeled "Schließfächer".

Best regards,
  Alexander