Re: [Debconf-discuss] Help with scheduling train for DebConf 15

On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 07:21:13 -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:

> * There is more than one option named Frankfurt. Which one to choose?

Frankfurt(M)Flughafen

* Frankfurt(M) = Frankfurt am Main [on the river Main; there are other
  Frankfurts]
* Flughafen = Airport

(Maybe someone could add this to
http://debconf15.debconf.org/information.xhtml#train - this question
comes up every now and then, which is no surprise since not everyone
understands "Flughafen".)

> * Should I choose departure or arrival? I thought that the "source"
>   vs. "destination" (supposing that the top field is "source" and
>   "destination") already indicated that, but I am now unsure.

"Departure/arrival" refer to the _time_ you enter, so you can say
"show me trains which _depart_ round $time" or "which _arrive_ around
$time".
In your case, where you know when you arrive at the airport and don't
care about the arrival in Heidelberg select "departure".
(Not that it's important, you can always search for earlier/later
trains in the search result list.)

> When I click on search, a much bigger form is presented and I get slightly
> more confused:
>
> Even if I specify "Start" and "Destination" and select "Outward and return
> journey", I am still asked in the "Date and Time" section, to select
> "Departure" or "Arrival" for both legs of the trip.

That's typical that European train company websites ask the same
stuff several times. Just enter the same :)

For the return trip you could also set the "arrival" time at the
airport e.g.

> Beyond that, I am not sure if I'm elligible for the savings fare or the
> standard fare.

Sorry, no idea about German fares and reducations ...

Cheers,
gregor

 : :' : Debian GNU/Linux user, admin, and developer -  https://www.debian.org/
   `-   BOFH excuse #272:  Netscape has crashed