Re: [Debconf-discuss] Liberating hardware at DebCamp/Conf

also sprach Steven Chamberlain <steven@pyro.eu.org> [2015-06-11 18:18 +0200]:
> I'd love to try Libreboot/Coreboot but I don't own the equipment
> to re-flash my own BIOS chip (on a ThinkPad X200).  So I wondered,
> might someone be able to bring with them a Beaglebone Black and
> Pomona 5250/ 5252 clamps, to DebCamp/Conf?

This is a great idea.

On a related note, we'll have a X200 with Libreboot to give away at
DebConf15 during the (newly introduced) morning assemblies. This is
possible thanks to a generous donation by Marcus Möller from
Switzerland, who is doing this also to help point people at
http://shop.gluglug.org.uk/. Francis is the main developer of
Libreboot and the shop helps finance the development.

That said: if you (or your employer) have giveaways like this
(anything interesting to Debian geeks basically), please consider
donating them to DebConf, so that we can make the morning assemblies
even more attractive. It's a great way to spread buzz about
a product too.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org