[Debconf-discuss] Liberating hardware at DebCamp/Conf

Hi,

I'd love to try Libreboot/Coreboot but I don't own the equipment to
re-flash my own BIOS chip (on a ThinkPad X200).  So I wondered, might
someone be able to bring with them a Beaglebone Black and Pomona 5250/
5252 clamps, to DebCamp/Conf?

I thought it could make for a nice workshop activity.  Some people at
the conference will have expert knowledge of this and be able to help
others through the process.  I guess there are risks though:

  * if something goes badly wrong, someone's device may be bricked,
   leaving them scr^Wrather unproductive for the rest of DebConf
   (maybe it should be on the final day?);

  * if the BBB is tampered with, it could flash malware to everyone's
   devices (but I think we can mitigate that by bringing our own
   micro-SD cards, download and verify the ROM ourselves, or even
   use a second BBB to independently verify what was flashed?).

I'd also be interested in reflashing of routers, unlocking phones'
bootloaders and such if anyone has ideas.

Please let me know what you think.  Or if it seems too risky I'll
consider some other time/venue for this.

Thanks,
Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain