Re: [Debconf-discuss] Fascinated to see dedicated attendee at Debconf14 with 'Blindness'

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 9:00 PM, Robert Edmonds <edmonds@debian.org> wrote:

> It would be nice if questioners would introduce themselves after taking
> the microphone for the first time.  At larger conferences (e.g., NANOG)
> this is virtually a requirement, and very helpful for first time
> attendees.

That's not a bad idea. I am unsure where we could document this so
it's not forgotten in a year...
And of course, this would be purely optional.

> An attendee list for the entire conference, perhaps accessible only to
> other attendees and perhaps opt-in or opt-out, would also have been very
> helpful.

It would need to be opt-in. There's an ongoing discussion about who
should see what level of detail in this regard, but expect the answer
to be on the paranoid side; and for good reason.

Richard