Re: [Debconf-discuss] "Do not photograph" checkbox in registration

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 11. September 2014, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 8:49 AM, Aigars Mahinovs <aigarius@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Children should *not* be photographed without prior consent
> > from their parents.
> Just to re-iterate this point: This makes sense in all cases and no
> matter what, if anything, we end up doing, this should be communicated
> clearly to every attendee at least once.

so why do have children "more rights" than other attendees? (and don't get me
wrong, I fully support that - just think about the question... for me the
conclusion was+is: nobody should be photographed without their explicit
consent.)

Another solution to the "don't photograph me^w^wviolate privacy" dilemma could
be that photos could only be taken between 1300-1400 each day, plus the first
5m of every talk... IOW: make the default photo free.

Which I think is actually sensible for all areas - except maybe talks + other
events. But in hallways & hacklabs & everywhere else the rule should be: don't
take pictures of people withour their prior consent.

Which I understand is not the case in most areas outside DebConf, but noone
said we couldn't do better then what's usual ;)

cheers,
	Holger