Re: [Debconf-discuss] "Do not photograph" checkbox in registration

On 09/05/2014 05:09 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> I believe "we" don't upload there - the copyright holder (or someone
> else licensed to do so) does.
>
> I dislike a bunch of services, but don't dictate my fellow Debian
> friends not to use those.  Instead I advocate strongly to use better
> alternatives - and try locate such alternatives which involves
> identifying the features they need to really be alternatives.
>

>  - Jonas

While I don't "dictate my fellow Debian friends not to use those"
either, here, we're not talking about any random family photos. We're
talking about Debconf, and pictures of "us" taken there. I believe
therefore that it is appropriate and legitimate in this case to raise my
concern and disapproval.

Thomas