Re: [Debconf-discuss] "Do not photograph" checkbox in registration

On 09/05/2014 12:21 AM, Holger Levsen wrote:
> There should also be documentation, that
>
> a.) you're the photographer, so people who dont want their photos taken should
> hide from you
> b.) that you're automatically + immediatly uploading fotos to flickr, if I
> understood you correctly. (via some fancy wlan sdcard android phone setup...)
>
> Speaking of this, I think it would be better if you were only uploading
> automatically to our git-annex and only push that to flickr after 24|48|72
> hours (or never), or doesnt flickr automatically claim rights on uploaded
> fotos?

While I have no problem with people taking photos of me, or even
uploading them to their own web site or to a Debian website, I am always
uncomfortable with uploads to 3rd party websites which nobody in the
Debian community owns.

Could we just *stop* uploading to flickr, picassa, and such? I don't
trust them. I don't like them. They *must* monetize somehow, and they
may one day sell pictures of anyone, then claim that it's in the TOS and
we may as well just shut up if that happens... It's not as if there was
no free software to host such content!

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)