Re: [Debconf-discuss] LPI exams at DebConf15?

Hi Martin,

On Mon Oct 27, 2014 at 22:05:43 +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we have the possibility of offering LPI examinations¹ at DC15,
> possibly even at a discounted rate. As it would require a room and
> some logistics, we want to make sure that this is something people
> care about. So if you would seriously consider taking an LPIC exam
> at DC15, please let us know.

I have mixed feelings here.

a) Do we jeopardize the status DJH e.V. with doing that? I just want to
   make sure we do not bring them into a situation that make them
   uncomfortable.

b) While LPI is a e.V. in Germany, the exams usually cost money. I am
   not to happy to give them room into an event like DebConf where they
   earn money at the event, and therefor could also afford to rent their
   own room for that.

c) I can understand that several DDs might want to do those exams, esp.
   in the case where those exams are not offered in your area.

Cheers,
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>    Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer                       Debian Listmaster