Re: [Debconf-discuss] Requiring work in exchange of sponsoring?

On 23-09-14 13:23, Richard Hartmann wrote:
On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 5:26 PM, Richard Hartmann
<richih.mailinglist@gmail.com> wrote:
FOSDEM uses a system where volunteers can look through open tasks and
assign themselves to any they feel like helping with.

This is a new-ish system and it served us _incredibly_ well. I will
see if we can just steal that.

You certainly can. Need to add a LICENSE file, but it's GPL V2. And yes, I'm able to offer some support; need to work on it for this edition of FOSDEM anyway.

If there are some Django devs on your team, feel free to collaborate. :)

https://github.com/jrial/fosdem-volunteers

It's hard-coded to Penta atm, but it should be reasonably easy to
modularize and have a summit option.

Actually, I used a script to parse the Penta XML and import that. Auto import from Penta with updates is still TODO. Working against Summit might be very similar; need to have the details first?

jrial will join #debconf-team later today so we can talk specifics.
Already there. ;)

--
Juan Rial - jrial@safehex.be
+32.496.737018