Re: [Debconf-discuss] "Do not photograph" checkbox in registration

> On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 9:12 PM, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
> > The only thing I would like to see changed is that the photo data
> > don't go to Google or Flickr or whoever else, but stay on our own
> > infrastructure with a clear message that they must not appear on
> > Facebook or other such thievery services.
>
> While I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment, I am not sure if it's
> possible to really require this.

In addition to the autofacetagging Aigars mentioned, some sites also have copyright and personality rights (use your face in an advertisement without asking) issues too. e.g.
* https://wiki.creativecommons.org/Facebook_CC_Integration/Facebook_ToS
* http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/17/what-instagrams-new-terms-of-service-mean-for-you/

Google and Flickr may be ok there, not sure.

-Jeremy