[Debconf-discuss] Funding Free/Libre/Open Software & Culture — tomorrow (Saturday) 11AM in RM 329

Just a quick plug:

Tomorrow, Saturday, Room 329, 11AM:

A lot of people have been interested in how to fund Free/Libre/Open projects (and maybe specifically how to have FLO funding better compete with proprietary funding or escape our dependency on proprietary support…

I've been working for approaching two years on a novel solution in the form of the platform: Snowdrift.coop

In summary: it's not worth it (little changes) if I donate what I can on my own. We need a critical mass, a way to grow the community of patrons supporting FLO. So: I'll donate a little bit for each person who will join me. We're building a democratically-run cooperative platform around this idea and dedicated exclusively to completely FLO projects.

Come hear more about our proposals, ask questions, discuss the overall issues in FLO economics, and more — tomorrow at 11AM, room 329.

Cheers,
Aaron Wolf
Snowdrift.coop