Re: [Debconf-discuss] Summit discussion on Thursday, 11:00am (18:00 UTC)

Thanks for the input! All good points that need to be addressed, just
a current comment below on some work in progress.

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 07:08:25AM -0700, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 2:08 AM, Giacomo Catenazzi wrote:
> > And IMHO we disclose too much information in schedule.
> In my opinion the too much information issue was in leaking the
> registered attendee list to people loading the event registration
> page. Also the default for attendees should be to be able to mark
> their attendance but choose who sees it (admins, speakers, attendees
> or general public), with admins (or maybe speakers) being the default.

I am in the process of adjusting things to address this. (at least
partially)

> The presented information was confusing in some instances; I had to
> inform people that bold means it is the speaker or that you can login
> to confirm that. I think it would be better to define a list of people
> and their relationship with the event (speaker, facilitator, panel
> member, other required, video team, likely to attend, might attend,
> etc) and present those roles on the event page.

Clearly separating the speaker(s) and hiding the attendees from
non-organizers is what I am currently working on. With any luck I'll
have that done tomorrow.

It'll be an improvement, but there will surely be more concerns to
discuss and address over time.

For now, though, Daytrip! \o/

-edrz