Re: [Debconf-discuss] Warning: parking at PSU, rental car recognize

On 2014-08-24 01:35:44 (+0200), Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hallo,
> * Geert Stappers [Sat, Aug 23 2014, 11:10:05AM]:
>
> > How to recognize a rental car?
> > Is the system with a distinct license plate for rental cars still in use?
>
> There might by typical stickers like "How is my driving [QR code]" and a
> semi-hidden ID bar code behind the tinted glass, easy enough to find if
> you know where to look for.

Indeed. hertz cars have an ID bar code on the left side of the windshield which
gets scanned when you leave the rental place and again when you return the car.
I would assume other companies have similar systems. Also most hertz cars I've seen
seem to be registered in arizona for some reason.

Cheers,

Peter,