Re: [Debconf-discuss] US SIMs in Seattle airport or Portland downtown

I can also bring my T Mobile micro SIM card. My flight doesn't get in until Saturday afternoon, however.

On Aug 21, 2014 5:50 PM, "Dimitri John Ledkov" <xnox@debian.org> wrote:
On 21 August 2014 21:07, Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> I may need a phone to be able to check in when I arrive tomorrow.  I
> have a phone which works on US frequencies.  But I don't have a
> suitable SIM.[1]
>
> Where can I buy a SIM ?  I will want to use it for the week and a half
> of Debconf, for modest texting and making calls.  Some modest data
> capacity would be a bonus.
>
> I will be passing through Seattle airport and Seattle King St railway
> station during business hours tomorrow.  I'm due to arrive at Portland
> Union Station at 21:20.

Last time I was hunting for a pay as I go sim card, all stores
including AT&T redirected me into a T-mobile store to buy a "monthly
rolling contract" but pay for a single month only something like $50.
A bit too much for a single week, but worth the convenience. I can
bring my t-mobile usa micro-sim card, as i'm on 3 UK contract now and
it has charge-free roaming in the USA for calls, txt and data.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.