Re: [Debconf-discuss] US SIMs in Seattle airport or Portland downtown

Ian Jackson wrote:
> I may need a phone to be able to check in when I arrive tomorrow.  I
> have a phone which works on US frequencies.  But I don't have a
> suitable SIM.[1]
>
> Where can I buy a SIM ?  I will want to use it for the week and a half
> of Debconf, for modest texting and making calls.  Some modest data
> capacity would be a bonus.
>
> I will be passing through Seattle airport and Seattle King St railway
> station during business hours tomorrow.  I'm due to arrive at Portland
> Union Station at 21:20.
>
> Thanks,
> Ian.

Hi, Ian:

I would recommend one of T-Mobile's monthly prepaid plans, but expect to
spend upwards of US$50 or so.  I believe you can purchase a SIM card for
these plans in their retail stores.

It looks like they have a store near both Portland State University and
Portland Union Station:

    http://www.t-mobile.com/store/cell-phone-portland-or-1460.html

Note that they also sell postpaid "Simple Choice" plans (which may
require a U.S. credit check) as well, which you probably don't want.

--
Robert Edmonds
edmonds@debian.org