Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-team] About calling SHC if we arrive past 22.00

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 09:56:22AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> The mail that PSU seems to be sending out to all attendees says:

>   2. If you are planning to arrive after 10:00pm, you must let us know in
>   advance by responding to this e-mail. We want to make sure we notify staff
>   of your arrival.

> I believe this should be sufficient, but I will confirm with PSU.

> I /hope/ that they will be waiting for you with doors open at the time
> you've said you will arrive, and that there's no need to call.  But having
> their phone number in case you do need to call them is probably a good
> safety precaution.

Also, I just noticed that in your mail exchange with them you said you *may*
arrive after 10pm.  I think it's better to tell them you *will* arrive after
10pm, to keep it simple on their side.  They can always be pleasantly
surprised if you turn up earlier.