Re: [Debconf-discuss] bear essentials?

On 20/08/14 00:34, Dimitri John Ledkov wrote:
> I think Portland is just strange, at times, and all incidents are
> one-offs. E.g. the news that got reported by sub-prime news agencies
> around US and UK this May:
>
> "
> High Elf, High on Acid, Attacks Woman's BMW With a Sword
> Portland, Ore. police responded to a 911 call at around 7 a.m. Tuesday
> morning from a woman who believed her car was under attack by a
> pirate. But instead of a routine pirate attack—oh, Portland—they
> discovered an armored man who claimed he was a High Elf.
> "
>
> http://gawker.com/high-elf-high-on-acid-attacks-womans-bmw-with-a-sword-1579493237
>
> With many other sources on the interwebs (e.g. metro.co.uk time.com
> etc, more or less recycled story).
>
> My impression of Portland is that it's a charming little place, who
> take a little bit of pride in the unusual.

My post wasn't meant to be a criticism of Portland at all, just a bit of
excitement about US wildlife.  We don't have bears in Australia or any
of the other places I've lived.

Last October we visited California and a few weeks later we saw this and
wondered how many bears we had walked past without noticing them:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-25892733