Re: [Debconf-discuss] Question about acomodation and bike renting.

Hi Marcin,

Le jeudi, 25 avril 2013 22.21:13, Marcin Kulisz a écrit :
> I'm planning to go to debconf13 (my 1st debconf ever :-) ) only problem I
> have is an ultimatum from my better half (read wife) that we must cycle a
> bit around and visit CERN.

Are you aware of the distance between Vaumarcus and CERN ? That at least looks
like a serious effort for a one-day trip. But Switzerland is a nice place for
biking, I hope you'll enjoy it.

> Therefore I'd like to ask if any of you know about any bicycle hire nearby
> LaCamp (or in the area)?

None that I know, but here are some ressources:

* Railway company renting bikes in stations (that might be a meaningful way to
do "last-mile" biking):
http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/car-bike/hire-or-borrow/rent-a-bike.html
* The network of in-cities "short-time" bike renting: http://velopass.ch/
* The national biking association might have ressources: http://pro-velo.ch/en
* Two _very_ useful ressources for bike touring in Switerland (especially the
maps):
	http://www.veloland.ch/en/veloland.html
	http://www.mountainbikeland.ch/en/mountainbikeland.html

> Any hints about good accommodation for couple?

The venue has some rooms with two (separate) beds so for the course of
DebConf, depending on your comfort standards, that might very well be a good
accomodation possibility.

We have started to list alternative accomodation possibilities on the DebConf
wiki: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Alternative_accommodation

Otherwise, there's also:
	http://www.youthhostel.ch/en
	http://www.rooms.ch

I hope this can help you fulfill your needs, please keep us posted !

Cheers, OdyX

> PS please cc me in as I'm not subscribed to this list

Done, thanks for making that explicit.