Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-announce] Food serving for vegetarians und vegans

+++ Didier 'OdyX' Raboud [2013-08-21 21:51 +0200]:
> Le mardi, 20 août 2013 21.30:51, Wookey a écrit :
>
> That leads nicely to my second point: the usual dietary recommendation
> (at least in .ch) is to have roughly once fish and once meat per week.
> This should be enough for your dietary needs and have a smaller impact
> on the ressources. I think that getting "down" to this would certainly
> make lots of "omnivore" attendees feel weird about it, but going a
> little more in that direction would certainly not hurt, IMHO.

Exactly. That is where one 'ought' to be, but unless you are already
practising something along these lines, it'd be a bit of a culture shock.
Our household has recently deliberately moved in this direction, and
it's been a positive change: Steak and bacon both remain very fine
things, but then so was tonight's roast-beetroot-and-feta salad with
corn-on-the-cob, which we shall definitely be having again.

I have become a fan of what we term 'begetarianism' (which is veggie
with a bit of bacon in most things 'cos it tastes better :-) Best of
both worlds IMHO.

Anyway, enough of this - I have cross-compilers to fight.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/