Re: [Debconf-discuss] Travelling by train from France

* Martín Ferrari <tincho@tincho.org> [2013-07-23 15:39:09 +0100]:

> Hi there!
>
> I was researching train tickets to go to DC13, and found that
> voyages-sncf.fr does not recognise yverdon-les-bains, and only suggests
> yverdon (which I cannot find in a map). I assume it is the same thing,
> but then it suggests different trains than the ones I see in bahn.de or
> in sbb.ch (which sucks big time to find tickets).

It's the same station.

> So, anyone knows about this? Or any recommendation of where to buy the
> tickets? (bahn.de does not sell them, and sbb won't tell me prices until
> I selected every part of the trip)

I'm coming from Paris by train, and bought TGV tickets to Lausanne from
capitainetrain.com. AFAICT they only sell tickets for France and Germany
(Yverdon isn't even in their database). I intend to buy the "intra-swiss"
tickets from Lausanne to Vaumarcus from an automated machine directly in
Lausanne.

HTH,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont

BOFH excuse #122:
because Bill Gates is a Jehovah's witness and so nothing can work on St. Swithin's day.