Re: [Debconf-discuss] DebConf13

Hi Tobias,
On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 12:21:30PM +0200, Tobias Milestone wrote:
> I'm a longtime Debian user and lurker interested in attending DebConf 13. I
> was excited to hear that it would be in such an easy place to get to this
> year (I'm from Berlin), so I was hoping to go. Since I'm not a devolper, I
> didn't want to stay with the group, and also because I wanted to balance my
> time between Debconf and doing other things in Switzerland.  I was looking
> for a place to stay, and noticed that the site says to take a bus to le
> Camp, which would take about an hour including walking.  But I thought it
> was supposed to be closer and easier to get to.  How am I supposed to do
> this quickly?
>
> Also, this seems to be far away from the major cities.  Since I am
> combining this with other vacation, it is kind of hard since I have to
> dedicate 100% of time I am there to Debconf (which I probably can't do
> since Im not so involved).  Also, I might have to split from my other
> friends in order to make it, since they don't want to stay too long at
> Yverdon-Les-Bains because it's more expensive.  Do you know how it is the
> commute from Lausanne?  That

Thanks for writing. Regarding transportation we have collected many information on:
http://debconf13.debconf.org/travel.xhtml

There is one bus per hour during the day from Yverdon-les-Bains to Le Camp. The
bus will take you in 32 minutes to "Le Camp".

From Lausanne to "Le Camp", it will take one hour. You can check on the
following website:
http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html
Type in "camp vaumarcus" as a destination.

Hope this help.

Cheers,
Raphaël