Re: [Debconf-discuss] Frab (or whatever): Call for help

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 07:45:42AM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Now, I'm asking for your help because...

I have to admit that I will not try to dive into Ruby on Rails world,
but I have one remark:

> As for the personal information, I am less confident our changes are
> doable as plugins. They are quite trivial to add in the base MVC - The
> fields we use (and which are mostly references to other tables, most
> per-conference-instance catalogs) are:
>
> - accomodation_preferences
> - arrived                    *
> - debcamp_option
> - debcamp_work_plan
> - disabilities               *
> - food_preferences           *
> - nickname                   *
> - reconfirmed                *
> - role_in_debian
> - role_in_deconf
> - room_preference

The fields I marked (*) seem to be pretty generic and not DebConf
specific.  Is there any way to convince Frab authors to include these
fields upstream?  I do not think that getting of about 50% of extra
fields will save us 50% of the work but it will show clearly how open
upstream is for generic enhancements and the will for cooperation.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de