Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-announce] DebConf12 Mass OpenPGP Keysigning: 18:00 Thursday, July 12 in Roberto Terán

Hi there!

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 01:57:52 +0200, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> We're going to try something a different this time around.  Please
> bring blank paper, a pen, and a trustworthy computer with a reasonable
> operating system and gpg installed, capable of either wireless
> networking or reading data off a USB stick.  Please make sure your
> computer's battery is charged.

I was not there, so take this for future reference.

I would have objected to this kind of keysigning for the last part,
because it means that people who does not have a computer capable of
"wireless" power (i.e. no AC power) can not participate.  And this was
the case for DebConf12 for me: my 4-year-old X60 extended battery died
just before leaving Europe and thus I was "wired" as much as I could.
And, for obvious reasons, I do not trust any computer who does not
belong to me for everything which is OpenPGP/TLS.

I am for any kind of experiment for keysigning, but can we please
announce them *before* any DebCamp/DebConf?

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca