Re: [Debconf-discuss] Accommodation for DebConf12 + Shuttle service

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 14:58:40 +0200
Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 08:40:02PM -0600, Leandro Gómez wrote:
> > As for the transportation from the airport to the hotel, Seminole/Brandt
> > are providing free shuttle service for all attendees. Please make sure to
> > mark the 'Shuttle service' column on the arrivals wiki page if you want to
> > use that service: http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf12/Arrivals
>
> Thanks for this info.
>
> However, it's not yet clear to me how this will work in practice. Once
> arrived, should we just wait for people to pick us up? If so, where? Or
> should we head for some specific place where periodically the shuttle
> people will come looking for us? Or should we go find the shuttles
> ourselves? etc. you see the kind of doubts I've in mind :-)

Is suppossed that someone with your name will be waiting in the airport when you go out from the plane, to direct you to the VIP room, then when you be outside, you will need to find a person/car with SEMINOLE sign.

Yesterday people from govt tell us that since July 7th is "Repliegue tactico" [0] and July 19th is the anniversary of "Triunfo de la revolución"[1], on July the VIP room from the airport will be full of delegations from another countries, ambassadors and else. So we will have more security than usual at the airport.

Regards,

[0] http://www.el19digital.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=40207:companera-rosario-anuncia-celebracion-del-repliegue-para-el-7-de-julio&catid=23:nacionales&Itemid=12
[1] http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revoluci%C3%B3n_sandinista

--