Re: [Debconf-discuss] Announcing Day Trip

Hola Felix,

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 12:19:36PM -0600, Felix Delattre wrote:
> Just a quick announcement about the Day Trip:

> The destination is going to be León: http://vianica.com/nicaragua/leon
> Date: 11th of July

> The plan:

> Leaving at 9 o'clock to the beach of Las Peñitas:
> http://vianica.com/attraction/219/las-penitas-beach
> So you can enjoy the Pacific Ocean for a couple of hours, swim and have
> lunch there.

> After lunch, several different activities are going to be offered. Most,
> but not all will have additional costs (museums, national park entry
> fees, boat rent, etc..).

> * City of Leon (Visit the historical city of Leon)
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le%C3%B3n,_Nicaragua
> * Juan Venado Island (Nature and wild live on the mangrove forest
> island) http://vianica.com/attraction/13/juan-venado-island
> * Volcano "Cerro Negro" (Climb the youngest volcano in Nicaragua)
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerro_Negro

> (Please be aware that we might be able to offer only two of the three
> options)

> At the way back from Leon to Managua we are going to stop in the town of
> "Nagarote" and you can have one of it's famous Quesillos (cheese, sour
> cream and onions rolled in a corn tortilla)
> http://vianica.com/nicaragua/leon/nagarote/8.7

> Please check "I will attend Day Trip" in Penta in order to book your
> trip. :)

May I suggest that messages such as this go to the debconf-announce mailing
list rather than to debconf-discuss?  Not all DebConf attendees are
subscribed to this mailing list.

Is there a cost for attendees to participate in this day trip?  (If not, is
it being sponsored by anyone in particular?  That might be a nice thing to
mention in the announcement.)

If people choose not to attend the day trip, will the venue (and in
particular, the hacklab) be open to them?

Thanks,