[Debconf-discuss] About the "Seeds of Resistence" event - In front of the hacklab, July 12, 12:00PM

Hi guys,

I have to assume the full responsability about a scheduling mess I
did. I have to thank Fernanda (mangoderosa) for being so understanding
and not crossing the threshold between "wanting to kill me" and
"actually doing so".

Fernanda had requested me to schedule the "Seeds of Resistence"
talk.

https://penta.debconf.org/penta/schedule/dc12/event/885.en.html

I failed to click one of the fields that would have made the event
appear on the schedule - And me (or somebody else from the team, does
not matter) scheduled something on top of it.

The talk is not just given by Fernanda, but by a group of agricultors
she works with. It is potentially one of DebConf's very important,
very interesting social tracks, that lets us understand how free
software-related ideas affects society as a whole. I'll reproduce here
the talk's abstract:

   La Via Campesina is an international movement which brings together
   millions of peasants, small and medium-size farmers, landless
   people, women farmers, indigenous people, migrants and agricultural
   workers from around the world in the struggle for food sovereignty
   as a way to promote social justice and dignity.

   In its opposition to corporate driven agriculture and transnational
   companies, the reivindication of the right to peasant seeds has
   signified a strong fight against PATENTS. This space in Debconf12
   is seen by young people of the peasant movement in Central America
   as an opportunity to interchange experiences with the participants
   of the conference, around an issue that concerns all those involved
   in the building of collaborative models of life, the mechanisms of
   privatization of knowledge and culture.

So, the talk will be held outside the main hacklab, under the almond
trees where the round tables are, on Thursday (July 12),
12:00PM. Fernanda was so kind to even be glad not to be in a
"traditional style" auditorium!

We will try to record the talk on video so that, even if it is not
streamed live, it should become available on the DebConf video archive
for later referal.