Re: [Debconf-discuss] C&W date

Hi,

On Samstag, 5. Mai 2012, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> > Also, how to organize the fact that participants are supposed to bring
> > some stuff with them, which the "C&W staff" (made of those people I
> > can gather in the days before) arrange together?

good question. you can bring cheese etc to the CCNE before the event and I'm
sure there a fridges closeby UCA / the hotels you can use.

> > So I kind of fear the fact of the location being really a different
> > place. Are there other options closer to the HL place?

not if you want to drink wine and consume lots of strange cheese with a bunch
of strange people...

> If there's nothing convenient close to the evening/night hacklabs
> place, then go for the Spanish Cultural Center.

I dont think there is, based on what I saw here and what the localteam told
me.

> Convenient for me is:
> - allows for the Cheese and Wine Team to go there the day before to
> arrange things beforehand (at least the afternoon before)
> - independent from the hacklabs
> - can fit about 2/3 of the Debconf attendees
> - has enough tables to arrange the stuff (about 5-10)
> - no need for chairs if the place is not very very big
> - has a fridge nearby, ideally a kitchen but that's not mandatory
> - has no problem with evening noise
> - leaves us the option of cleaning out late (so no closing at midnight
> or something) or even in the morning after
> - IS ACCESSIBLE

this is _all_ given for the CCEN, which is why we choose it :-)

> As you see, the most important points are "close to HL, enough
> space". Those who have been at previous Debconfs know:

close to or independent from? ;-)

> - DC11 C&W was OK in that regard but the room were too small. Very
> close to hacklabs, with a small kitchen. Only problem: too small.

yep

> - DC10 was fine with the room a little bit larger but not
> accessible. However in a different building 200m away from the main
> place

it was also too loud and we were locked in the 7th floor...

> - DC9 (in the gardens of the place we were at) was perfect, the only
> drawback being a quite small fridge

ack :)

Leo wrote:
> Actually, it's 7km away. 10 minutes by car from UCA.

ok. also it seems they only have 150 chairs.

> Another problem is that if you want to leave early, it's quite difficult to
> get a taxi outside the Cultural Center. You have to walk at least 400-500
> meters to the main road to get one.

We'll have busses for the crowd and surely it should be possible to call a
taxi so that it will pick up people at the CCEN. (Remember there are still
plans to get a taxi cooperative involved (for all of DebConf) to get faires
prices and such...)

I'd say we tell CCEN now we'll do it there on the 9th and _should_ a better
place magically pop up (this country has lots of seismic activities after
all), we still could changes plans...

cheers,
	Holger