Re: [Debconf-discuss] C&W date

Quoting Holger Levsen (holger@layer-acht.org):

> Not shown on the fotos is a another rather big room we can also use, 200
> chairs and audio(+video) equipment. The only downside is that its 3km away
> from UCA, so we need to organize some busses, which the CCEN has experience
> with and offered to help us.

Ouch, 3km away, that's a challenge. Will people still easily come if
they're not free to go in and out back to the hacklabs or so? That's
my concern.

Also, how to organize the fact that participants are supposed to bring
some stuff with them, which the "C&W staff" (made of those people I
can gather in the days before) arrange together?

The C&W has always been something suppsoed to be informal and closely
related to the "hacklab life" so that people can choose to "just pop
up" for some time, then move, then eventually come back, etc.

So, my experience with it has early always been "a place not far from
the HL". The only time it's been a different place was DC10, in
another building of the Columbia university.

So I kind of fear the fact of the location being really a different
place. Are there other options closer to the HL place?