[Debconf-discuss] derivatives/DEX BOF - some questions

Heya, in case you plan to attend the derivatives/dex BOF tomorrow at
11:00 (http://penta.debconf.org/dc11_schedule/events/761.en.html),
please have a look at the questions below. We will appreciate your input
on them during the BoF! The questions are also in the gobby document
<debconf11/dc11-derivatives>.

If you are not familiar with the various derivatives-related initiatives
which have been going on in the past year or so, you can have a look at
the slides at
<https://gitorious.org/zacchiro/talks/trees/master/2011/201107-dc11-dex>.

Cheers.

----

- what’s your take on the role of Debian wrt derivatives?

- what more we can do to collaborate with derivatives?
  (or should we do less?)

- what should we “expect” from derivatives?

- what should they “expect” from Debian?

- what are your experiences in collaboration with derivatives?
  what can we learn from them?

- do you follow what happens to your packages in derivatives?

- for DEX: which set of patches do you want to see merged back
  from some derivative? (remember: small / well defined sets)

- assume we have info about all derivatives packages in a big
  database (e.g. UDD); how can we leverage the info?