Re: [Debconf-discuss] mini cheatsheet page for Zagreb airport<->Zagreb central bus station?

Quoting Holger Levsen (holger@layer-acht.org):
> On Freitag, 8. Juli 2011, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> > In the same spirit than what was done in Helsinki, could it be
> > possible that someone motivated could setup  a cheatsheet page for
> > "how to go to Zagreb central bus station from Zagreb airport"?
> > Eventually with pictures of the key places, etc.
>
> you arrive at Zagreb airport, you grab your luggage, you leave customs, you
> immediatly see money exchange boothes in 10m distance straight ahead a bit
> left and tourist information in 10m distance straight ahead a bit to the
> right. if you leave the airport building, which is 10m straight ahead, you're
> at the bus stop for the busses to zagreb central station.
>
> it's totally easy, zagrebs airport is rather very small.
>
> https://gallery.debconf.org/v/debconf11/trailer/20110522_001.jpg.html is where
> you get your luggage. the orange/brown spot in the middle of the pic is the
> tourist information (they speak english...) and 2m to the left of it is the
> exit to the outside, where the bus stop is.
>
> https://gallery.debconf.org/v/debconf11/trailer/20110522_007.jpg.html has a
> closeup - and dont miss the pictures in between those two in the gallery.

I completed the following:
http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/Travel-Arriving#Bus_via_Zagreb_airport

with links to your (or Moray's) pictures.

The missing bit now is "where to go at Zagreb Centreal bus
station". Things like:
- where to buy tickets (bus company office? bus driver?)
- which platform do buses to BL start from
- etc.

Again, if it isn't possible to have this info arranged by locals
(which I understand), it would be nice if people who arrive on the
first day could try having as mich information as possible (including
pictures, etc.). *I* will try to collect this info while travelling
myself, of course.

Also, looking at Arrivals timetable, I see that July 23th and 24th are
quite packed with people. For instance, there are 18 people who are
plan to land in Zagreb between 11am and 2pm. Those are likely to try
getting the 16:30 bus to Banja Luka, which means that Debconf would
fill 1/3 of a standard bus. I don't know how such buses are packed by
local customers on a standard Saturday, but talking to the bus company
could be a good idea.

And, of course, the leaving day is quite horrific in that regard...:)