[Debconf-discuss] DebConf travel sponsorship BOF

Hi,

[Phil/Richard] and I have been planning a BOF at DC11 focused on
DebConf travel sponsorship.  This is not in response to Clint's blog
post (check wiki page history), but has the same goal of wanting to
improve the process and be more transparent and community-oriented.

Clint's blog post:
  [clint-blog] http://xana.scru.org/xana2/mact/travelherb/
This post reflects Richard's understanding of the process (see also
[wiki-travel]), but this year's travel sponsorship lead said "that's
not how it works" regarding [wiki-travel] but did not elaborate on how
it actually works.

Wiki page describing ideas for travel sponsorship improvement:
  [wiki-travel] http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/TravelSponsorship

Wiki page describing the outline of DC12 BOF:
  [wiki-travel-bof]
  http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/TravelSponsorshipBOF

Please contribute to any of these wiki pages, or communicate with
Richard or Phil about ideas.  For now, we are working on an outline
for a productive BOF, and can discuss more at DebConf12.

No travel sponsorship method can be perfect.  Our goal is to be make
our trade-offs we make what the DebConf community would prefer.

Our final goal will be to produce a proposal for travel sponsorship
for DC12, present it to the DebConf team/community and become the
future travel sponsorship team.  Any of you are invited to take part
in this.  Right now, the rough plan is for Richard to work on the
debconf behind-the-scenes logistics and budgeting, and Phil
coordinates the actual selection process with the DebConf community.

[Thanks/Cheers],

[Richard/Phil]

p.s. further planning of this BOF will probably have to wait, as we
are currently putting out other fires...