Re: [Debconf-discuss] Healthcare in Bosnia

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 01:43:16PM +0100, Moray Allan wrote:

> While we recommend that all DebConf attendees arrange travel
> insurance, it would be useful if people could check for similar
> arrangements between Bosnia and other countries.

Italy:

I went to the CUP of my USL (national health care generic desk) and told
the helpful lady that I wanted to go to Bosnia-Herzegovina. She asked me
about travel dates and a couple other routine questions and produced,
signed and stamped a bilingual Italian/Jugoslavian(?) document which
says that I have a right to health care.

The form doesn't provide coverage details, but quotes this international
agreement:

  "Convenzione italo-jugoslava sulle assicurazioni sociali (Art 12
  prgg.2-3 della Convenzione - Art. 7 prgg.2-3-4 dell'Accordo
  Amministrativo)"

...which should be found at
http://www.inps.it/doc/ci_internet/accordi/jugo/sommario.htm

From a quick read of those parts referenced by the form, it seems to say
that it'll have the same rights to health care as if I were a, uhm,
Jugoslavian citizen. The form does mention "Bosnia-Erzegovina" and looks
like I have the bulk of health care sorted.

I'm attaching a redacted version of the form, in case anyone's curious.

A travel insurance will of course be useful for travel-specific issues
like emergency repatriation, flying a relative to stay with you in case
you're hospitalised and other such things.

Credit cards can cover some of those, but do read the fine print: plain
CartaSI cards, for example, among many other limitations, don't cover
Bosnia: http://www.cartasi.it/download/Condizioni_di_Assicurazione_Cartasi.pdf

Ciao,

Enrico

--