Re: [Debconf-discuss] Arrival/Departure list and couple of travel hints

Adnan Hodzic dijo [Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 12:37:39PM +0200]:
> Hey everybody,
>
> I hope you're all doing well.

Hi Adnan!

> Today marks the one month countdown until  DebConf11! I hope you're at
> least as half excited as I am.

Believe me we are :)

> Now as most of you is getting to Zagreb either by
> airplane/train/bus/whatever, we are planning to organize free
> transport from Zagreb to Banja Luka (and vice versa) by
> shuttles/buses. Those who don't wan't to use these are free to take
> train/bus/whatever from Zagreb to Banja Luka by their own expenses.
> The way we thought this "service" of ours would work is that every
> couple of hours, there would be a new shuttle/bus heading to Banja
> Luka. Of course for this to work, we will need your arrival/departure
> dates so we to know what's the number of shuttles/buses that needs to
> be sent at what time.
>
> That's why we made "Arrival" list
> http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/Arrivals and "Departure list
> http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/Departures
>
> Please take your time to add yourself to the list/s. If you have
> special requests/needs please do let us know, as one attendee
> requested he'll be getting custom vehicle to pick him up.

Something we (those arriving to Zagreb) can feel usefulis to start
determining the times (even if it's in a preliminary way only) of the
shuttles, or the conditions for the shuttles to be held. Why? Well,
because some of us might need to make other travel
arrangements. Specifically talking about myself: My girlfriend and I
will arrive on July 18 at 21:30, so we will surely miss the last bus
to Zagreb. Now, looking at the schedule of people planning to arrive
that same day, we might end up staying at a hotel in Zagreb for the
night - Or taking the shuttle. Whatever is determined, we will do. But
we would be most happy to have the schedule or policy as early as
possible, to plan accordingly (and look for a suitable hotel if
needed).

Thanks,