Re: [Debconf-discuss] Going by car -- anyone going with me?

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 07:05:12PM -0400, Jeremy Baron wrote:
> On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 06:53, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm interested in taking on anyone who lives (or can get by their own
> > means) somewhere along a reasonable route between Mechelen and Banja
> > Luka. That is, I'm willing to make a short detour to anywhere in
> > Belgium, northern France, southern Netherlands, southern Germany, etc,
> > to pick up companions, but not, say, Italy or northern Germany.
>
> I'm also interested in a trip like this. When do you expect to depart
> home and arrive in Banja Luka?
>
> My very tentative plan is to be in Spain sometime before DebConf and
> then fly to somewhere where I can get either a train (ideally with
> other ppl) or join a car pool. I've (tentatively) found reasonable
> flights to zurich, frankfurt, berlin, and brussels.

Brussels would work for me -- that's just a very short trip from where I
live.

> I would likely only be able to do the car trip on the way to DebConf.
> After DebConf I'll expect to go directly to Israel for another
> conference.

Noted.

However, now three people have expressed interest, and there's only
space for two; so that means I'll have to disappoint one of you.

> I'm a US not EU citizen for border crossings,

I don't think that's going to be a problem.

> and I would be willing to get an international driver's license before
> leaving the US so I can share part of the driving load if you like.
> (again, one-way only, see above)

Might be nice, but I'm not sure whether that's going to be necessary. If
it would cost you a significant amount of money, then don't bother.

the following formula:

pi zz a