Re: [Debconf-discuss] Trying for a US->Banja Luka travel discount?

Hi Jimmy,

On Wed, 18 May 2011 03:41:34 -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote
[...]
> Without any group discount, at published fares, this would cost
> $1700-2000+ even in economy class, based on my searching, or $1500+
> if I want to accept an earlier departure time and an extra 1h10m
> layover in Amsterdam to save a couple hundred USD via Delta. For
> what it's worth, going via Zagreb or Ljubljana didn't seem to be
> reliably cheaper or faster from people starting in the US.
>
> If I can assemble a total group of at least 10 people who want to
> try this plan, I'm willing to contact some travel agents to see if
> they can get a better fare for us. More people will make this more
> likely to work; I've never done this kind of attempt before so I
> don't know the thresholds which apply.

I've found cheaper flights from NYC to Zagreb (16/07 <-> 31/07):

Tap Air Portugal  US$ 815
Lufthansa	  US$ 1.054
Swiss	          US$ 1.135
Continental	  US$ 1.215